Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sam & Heather

This past weekend, I had the opportunity to put together the flowers for my friend Heather and her fiance Sam.    They were married in an old barn at the Kaylx Sustainability Center in Monticello, close to Allerton Park.  To go with the natural, rustic feel of the environment, Heather selected a mix of garden and wildflowers, most of which were grown in my mom's garden.  I'll admit that I was a little nervous about the flowers after a couple of weeks of dry, hot weather but in the end, there were a lot of things in bloom.  I had never worked on a wedding quite like theirs before and it ended up being really fun!


Heather's bouquet of Sunflowers, Bells of Ireland, Spray Stock, Solidago, Cosmos and Delphinium


 Boutonnieres


Inside the barn


The setting


Each table held a mixed arrangement in a quart jar covered in burlap.  There were also jars filled with sand and candles spaced out on the tables.

For more pictures from the day, check out my website.

Congratulations Sam and Heather!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment